Skip to main content
Topic: Synchronizing sound and score highlight (Read 2586 times) previous topic - next topic

Synchronizing sound and score highlight

When I play .nwc files on my computer (Windows 98, AMD XP 1700+, Mother card's Sound device) the sound is played a short time later after the corresponding highlighted score.

Is there any way to synchronize playing sound and score highlighting ?

Thanks for your support.

Re: Synchronizing sound and score highlight

Reply #1
Hi Nguyen,

I don't think there's much you can do about this. This has been reported before with on-board sound devices, also with Yamaha SoftSynth drivers.

NW Software - perhaps it would be worth considering a "note chase delay" option for a future release? A similar delay timer has been incorporated on the VanBasco Karaoke player, to help synchronise the karaoke lyrics on sound devices with noticeable latency.

Reply #2
Perhaps. I would say, though, that it is not one of our highest priorities at present.

Reply #3
Thanks Fred for your kind reply.
I also don't think we can do something about this unless NoteWorthy considers it.
I wonder what would be the highest priority at present ?

Reply #4
The same system should be integrated into MIDI record. When I record through my serial MIDI cable, a small delay (about 1 sixteenth note, usually) lies on the new staff in relation to the music already composed.

Reply #5
To Fred Nachbaur,

I have the same problem.
Would it help to buy and use another PCI sound card?