Skip to main content
Topic: NTW True-Type Font Error (Read 24953 times) previous topic - next topic

NTW True-Type Font Error

When I try to run NWC I hit an error :- "NWC True-Tupe font cannot be found on the system"

I have installed version 1.5f and still hit the problem.

Any suggestions for a solution ?

Re: NTW True-Type Font Error

Reply #1
Final correction (hopefully): ignore my comment regarding the Chopin.ttf file. I erroneously moved a copy of that into my NWC program file when I had a problem. The file actually relates to another music program. Secondly, if you reinstall to a temporary directory, you may want to copy the new .ttf file to the windows font directory and to the regular nwc directory. If all else fails, and you have Windows95, try reinstalling the font through the control panel, fonts, file, install font command. Then go to the directory which has the NWCv13 file.

Reply #2
Re my last message. If you have an email address, I could try emailing a non-corrupted NWCV13A.ttf file to you. Let me know. Steve Pearson.

Reply #3
I had the same problem. Reinstallation of the program did not help because of a corrupted font file that was not being overwritten. I forget what Eric had me do, but try the following: (1) locate the NWCV13A.ttf file whereever you have your window font files located; (2) Move that file (and any Chopin.ttf files) to a backup directory (as a safety precaution); (3) Either fully extract the NWCV13A.ttf file from your installation disk and copy it in to the font directory used by your Windows program or (4) if you do not have an appropriate extraction utility, temporarily install a new NWC program into a temporary working directory. I suspect the installation will reinstall the NWCV13A.ttf file in your windows directory. You may have to restart windows and nwc to have the font rebuilt. I vaguely remember that Eric had a simpler solution, so you may just want to ask him. However, the foregoing may work if you cannot wait.

Reply #4
Version 1.30f directly installs the font into the system. You should not need to do anything to make it work.

For earlier 1.30 versions, the following should help:

You can try the following, in order:

1. Delete the nwcv13.fot file, then restart NWC. The font should be rebuilt and all should be well.

If not, then

2. Delete the nwcv13.fot file if it exists. Reboot your system, then restart NWC. The font should be rebuilt and all should be well.

If not, then

3. For Windows 95, move the nwcv13.ttf file to \windows\font, or for Windows 3.1, install the font from the control panel. Now, open the file \windows\nwc.ini, and change the line

AddFontOnStartup=1

- to -

AddFontOnStartup=0

Now start NWC, and all should be well.

If not, then the font file is probably corrupted, and needs to be replaced all together.

I hope this helps.

Eric, support@noteworthysoftware.com

Reply #5
I need the font file "nwcv15.ttf" urgently.
When I try to open the NWC, it says "NWC True-Tupe font cannot
be found on the system". Waiting for your prompt amswer.

Reply #6
SooYoun: The nwc 1.5 font is installed by the NWC setup program. It is in your system if you installed from the setup routine. You may, however, need to reboot your system in order to make it available. It is also possible that you have too many fonts installed on your system, and some will have to be removed before new fonts can be used (such as the NWCV15 font).

Reply #7
I had my copy of NWC working properly before a virus damaged it. I reinstalled NWC, it started OK, but it worked for two days. Now I get the message: "NWC True-Tupe font cannot be found on the system". I've tried all the methods, but it still does not work. Somebody HELP Me please!

Reply #8
Try this:

(1) Look in the program folder that contains Noteworthy Composer. Does it contain a copy of the NWCV15 True Type font file? If it does, then continue:

(2) Go to your computer's START menu, go to the Control Panel, then open the Fonts folder. If the fonts folder contains NWCV15 font, delete it, then continue. If NWCV15 is not there, also continue.

(3) Go back to the program folder containing Noteworthy Composer. Select the NWCV15 font, and COPY it.

(4) Go back to the Control Panel, and PASTE the NWCV15 font into the fonts folder.

(5) Re-boot your system.

This procedure has worked for me. It may or may not work for you, but it will not make the situation worse.

Reply #9
A slightly "better" procedure might be to use the Fonts applet (Control Panel | Fonts) to reinstall the NWCV15.TTF font after deleting it and rebooting.

Fonts | File | Install New Font. Make sure that the "Copy Fonts to Fonts Folder" box is checked. Browse to the directory (folder) containing NoteWorthy Composer, usually the default is C:\Program Files\NoteWorthy Composer. Double-click the NWCV15.TTF font. OK, Exit.

Reply #10
Fred's procedure will work on pre-XP Windows, as well as XP. I've only tested my method on XP. Thus, I recommend Fred's method as more fool-prood.

Reply #11
I need the font file "nwcv17.ttf" urgently.
When I try to open the NWC browser plug in to Netscape, it says "NWC True-Tupe font cannot be found on the system". From the forum I see this problem has been ongoing. Please tell me where I can find the font since the installer for the 1.7 plug in did not install it. Waiting for your prompt amswer.

jag625mjoy@juno.com

Reply #14
holy shoot!
this message is 8 years old!
nwc has surely been around a while...
weird how a message can stick around so long...

Reply #15
Only 7 years (plus less than one month).