Skip to main content
Topic: Wav to Mp3 (Read 2705 times) previous topic - next topic

Wav to Mp3

I Bet You Cant Do This But Can You Change A WAV To A MP3? Its Probably That Same Old Analogy For The Answer. But Thanks For Answering Me Anyway! --Dan

Re: Wav to Mp3

Reply #1
Yes, an mp3 is basically a compressed wav. You need an "mp3 encoder" to do the conversion. Probably the easiest would be MusicMatch Jukebox, but if you're computer geeky you shouldn't have too much trouble getting the excellent freeware encoder BladeEnc to work. You can also get several optional Windows front-ends, if you don't like the command-line interface. (This is what I use. The front end I prefer is called BladeBatch.)

HTH
Fred

Reply #2
I use and recommend db PowerAmp Music Converter, which can use Lame Encoder as well as Blade Encoder, and can convert between wav, mp3 and wma.

Lame Encoder is advantageous because it can use "variable bitrate" in encoding.

I thought db PowerAmp was freeware but after about a years use it started to pop out nag screens. I don't know how much it costs, though.

Wav to midi is like converting a slice of bread into a sandwich, by analogy <g>

Hth,
Ertugrul

Reply #3
Thank You Very Much! Its Helped Alot! --Dan

Reply #4
i know of a freeware convertor called CDex 1.30 you can find the link on audiogalaxy.com's hardware/software page, but you need to go to the site, because no downloads from ag actually work.