Skip to main content
Topic: Yet another newsgroup trouble (Read 6292 times) previous topic - next topic

Yet another newsgroup trouble

Server not found
Code: 800ccc0d

1:45 (GMT + 2:00)

Is anybody else out there facing this problem?

---
Decode address to reply

Re: Yet another newsgroup trouble

Reply #1
Yes, there's apparently something wrong with the server. I've been getting the same error code.

Reply #2
Hello
It's the same
"Serveur introuvable"
What happens?
bye

Reply #4
Whose turn is it, to contact Matt?

Reply #5
Ah, so that explains it. I hadn't tried to connect to the NG for a few days. When I did, I kept getting that blasted "server not found" error message.

(sigh) Oh well, maybe it'll be back soon.

Reply #6
I'm afraid it's as serious as what we had in the latest crash.

---
Decode address...oh, you know!

Reply #7
ezusa COULDN'T still be on a Microsoft server after last time, surely? Could they? ... They could, couldn't they?
I can only assume they got hit again. Anyone confirm this?

Reply #8
It's 2:15 GMT. The newsgroup is up and working.

Reply #9
I had similar problems.

"Unable to connect to server" last night and
"Connection refused to server" this morning.

Geoff

Reply #10
You saying it IS that blasted Nimda worm or whatever it's called? I had some stuff I wanted to upload, c'est la vie. On a brighter note, I installed Windows XP Pro today and I love it! My system runs like a 1.4Ghz Athlon SHOULD (unlike under ME, when it ran about half-speed!) and I love the new look. As you all know, I'm the last person who would be shouting M$'s praises from the roof, but I think they've finally got it right! I've never had the ability to Hibernate before, but I like the fact I can go to bed, still leaving everything open. Sorry advertisement over! Just HAD to share.

Reply #11
It's still out as of 22/09 17:30 GMT.

Fred, I think you're right. It's uncanny that this happened with Nimda spreading in the same kind of coincidence earlier with Code Red. It's too bad Matt has to go through this again. I wish there were some way we could help. Maybe time to move over to Apache and begone with IIS.

Joe