Skip to main content
Topic: Track length-cd burning (Read 2792 times) previous topic - next topic

Track length-cd burning

why does a 5 min track get cut to 1.30min when burnt onto CD? this happens in both MMJB and adaptec easy cd platinum.
I want the track on CD to play at a freinds childs funeral, so please please help, its no good if it will cut off half way through.

Re: Track length-cd burning

Reply #1
This certainly isn't normal behavior. You must have a bug somewhere in your system. Are you getting any error messages?

One possibility (it happend to me once) is that your PC can't keep up with the rate at which the CD/R drive is demanding data. You might try a disk utility to defragment your hard drive, which would improve the data transfer rate.

Reply #2
Your WAV files have to be sampled at the proper CD Audio rate, and in stereo. Perhaps you sampled at a slower rate, and your burning software is simply burning your samples to CD without informing you of this mistake.

Reply #3
Cheers folks,No error messages, however i think i got it cracked now with your advice.
i cleared some space and defragged the hard drive, then resampled the music file at max quality. I also took the CD writer down to 1x speed. It seems to have worked. Thanks again for your help. Never had this problem before and hopefully won't again! typical it happened for something so important! anyway the CD is ready in time for the funeral. Thanks again, it really means a lot to the parents.