Skip to main content
Topic: GREAT NEWS - NEW NEWSGROUP SERVER (Read 7482 times) previous topic - next topic

GREAT NEWS - NEW NEWSGROUP SERVER

Matt Porter has managed to get his new server going and the newsgroup is up and running on it.

The new address is news2.ezusa.net but depending on your newsreader you may need to specify nntp://news2.ezusa.net

I have sucessfully posted and retrieved a message without destroying any existing threads (but that's with Agent newsreader) -

Richard

Re: GREAT NEWS - NEW NEWSGROUP SERVER

Reply #1
Great news indeed! I thought I'd be smart and edit the existing profile (Netscape 6.1) -- didn't work. I had to delete the existing newsgroup server and create a new one. Then it worked! Yippee! 14199 messages at the time I tried to subscribe... opted to only download the last 500.

Fred

Reply #2
Yahoo - That is great news.
I am now downloading the messenges.

See you all on the new newsgroup.

Best regards,
Andreas Kryger Jensen

Reply #3
Great, but how do I sign up? They asked me twice for a username and password, then said access denied.

I knew I forgot to use anti-perspirant today! They don't like me.

Reply #4
Jill - sounds like a newsreader issue. Maybe if you let us know which one you're using, someone else using the same program might have an answer.

Reply #5
Good. Nice to have it back.

All I did was to go to the NWC site map, click on the newsgroup hyperlink, and the newsgroup loaded without a hitch!

Reply #7
Hot DIGGETY DOG!!! I was finally able to get to the newsgroup. It was actually quite painless. I just changed the server name in the account properties and there I was. Of course there is a 1 week gap in the posts . . . but at least we are back communicating.

I saw where some were having to reload. Guess OE isn't a complete piece of organic fertilizer. For me the transition was very easy.