Skip to main content
Topic: NWC 1.70.9 (Read 3229 times) previous topic - next topic

NWC 1.70.9

Rev. 9 of 1.70 has just been posted.

Re: NWC 1.70.9

Reply #1
Robert, did Eric hire you to do the annoucements now? ;) Any way, now NoteWorthy is out of excuses.... After 9 comes ten, and ten would be the same as one unless a new version is released!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #2
I think it has something to do with time zones. I am 3 hours behind NWC time. So, if they post something during their business day, I will find out about it when I log on mid-morning, or mid-afternoon, depending on the day. Our friends in Europe won't find out until the next day.

Reply #3
Here in Oz we know tomorrows news today!
(Which is why Andrew is always ahead of the game).

Reply #4
FranMan wrote: "After 9 comes ten, and ten would be the same as one unless a new version is released!!!!!!!!!!"

Not in the never-never land of software release numbering. In this particular reality, what comes after 1.70.9 is likely to be 1.70.10, which is not (!) the same as 1.70.1. Software rule #1: Rational expectations do not necessarily apply.

Reply #5
Ah, but they do in Her Majesty's service, wherein James Bond was Agent 007 rather than Agent 7.

Reply #6
If James had bionic parts added, would he become Agent 007.1? Or would he get a whole new version number?

'Course, in the States they do away with those leading zeros. Otherwise we'd have had Agent 086 and Agent 099.