Skip to main content
Topic: hearing notes when you place them down (Read 2953 times) previous topic - next topic

hearing notes when you place them down

i've just bought noteworthy composer and i'm a newbie to it so bear with me. i have two questions to ask. when i place down a note i do not hear any sound. how should i make it so that noteworthy plays the sound of the note when it is placed down? secondly, i have a keyboard and i have disabled the feature "MIDI Input Active" from the tools menu.i did this because i did not want the notes to be written on the stave as i played them but what i did want was for the me to be able to hear the notes on the keyboard as i played them. so the second question is how do i make it so i can hear my keyboard on noteworthy composer?

Re: hearing notes when you place them down

Reply #1
NoteWorthy does not play the note when you add it. Since NWC is almost a text editor, only you write notes and not text, it has no such feature. It's a bit like Word would speak out what you write. (It doesn't.)
Second, to be able to hear what you play, you just have to choose the right input device in Tools->Options->Record. You don't have to have MIDI Input active to hear what you play. Just start NWC and play!