Skip to main content
Topic: Lyrics: font size? (Read 2864 times) previous topic - next topic

Lyrics: font size?

I'm a gonna go blind lookin' at the lyrics in the dialog box! I tried zooming. I zoomed to the max and the font's still the same size in the dialogue box. Any tips, neighbours? -dan

Re: Lyrics: font size?

Reply #1
Go to File: Page Setup : Fonts, and modify the size of the font you choose for lyrics. I believe that the NWC default is 7 point, but try 12 point.

This changes the size of the font on the printed page, and perhaps that is not what you want to do. But it also changes the size of the text that appears in the lyric editor. You can enter your lyrics, then go back and modify the lyric font size to the intended print size.

One other thing you can do is to prepare your lyrics as plain text, say in Notepad. Then copy-and-paste into the lyric editor using CTRL+C and CTRL+V. The lyric editor uses whatever font you have specified within NWC, not the font you used in Notepad. So you can use large type in Notepad without affecting the result in NWC. (But you cannot use a word processor to apply effects, such as boldface, and transfer that into the NWC text editor.)

Reply #2
If you have not yet done so, you should install the latest service pack. Lyrics are shown in 12 pt after the service pack is installed.

Reply #3
Well, Dan, how's THAT for service? :)

Reply #4
Ah, you are right! Lyrics have been showing in the editor at 12 point font size for some time now (yes, I have the upgrades). I hadn't noticed, since I generally use 12 point anyway!