Skip to main content
Topic: Anthony Wilson (Read 3121 times) previous topic - next topic

Anthony Wilson

Does anyone know where I can reach Anthony Wilson? I would like to do an arrangement of one of his works and would like his permission and advice.

Also on a side note: When you write a multi-part score that has different instruments, how can you identify the instruments in your score. When you print it out how do you get your score to indentify each staff as Trumpet, Tuba, Trombone etc.....

Thanks

Lee Nuckols
Music Ed Major
Murray State University

Re: Anthony Wilson

Reply #1
> Does anyone know where I can reach Anthony Wilson? I would
> like to do an arrangement of one of his works and would
> like his permission and advice.

Last I wrote to him he was still at the address as posted on the scriptorium, here's one instance:

http://www.vadu.com/cgi-bin/nwc/txt2html.cgi?src

> Also on a side note: When you write a multi-part score
> that has different instruments, how can you identify the
> instruments in your score.

File --> Page Setup --> Options --> Staff Labels gives you several choices.

Reply #2
Mr Nachbaur,

I have long been an admirer of your work. It was a personal honor for you to reply to my post. Now if only Phillip Sparke and Alfred Reed will reply......

Reply #3
Mr Nachbaur,

Thanks for your reply. I have long been an admirer of your work. It was a personal honor for you to reply ot my post.

Now if only Phillip Sparke and Alfred Reed will reply.....

Reply #4
ok know I feel dumb. Of course I would make a fool of myself and repeat post 50 times.

Reply #5
To identify the instruments in the score, give the staff an appropriate name (e.g. Flute I/II etc.) in the Staff Properties: General Tab.

Then go to the Options tab on the page set up dialogue and select the appropriate Staff labelling option - probably "first system". This will add your specified staff name alongside the start of each stave.

When extracting parts from a score, I find it useful to insert the instrument name as a text expression at the start of each stave at a staff position of 20 or so and with the visibility set to "top staff only". This puts the instrument name in the top left corner of the first page (below the title).

HTH

Stephen