Skip to main content
Topic: Simplified music notation (Read 3917 times) previous topic - next topic

Simplified music notation

Anyone knows that whether noteworthy composer supports simplified music notation (using number 0 to 7 instead of the musical symbol) on top of the standard one? I want a musical document contains both simplified and standard notations.....
Thanks

note: if you don't know what i'm talking about, check this page
http://www.a1soft.com/smusic.htm

Re: Simplified music notation

Reply #1
How is the numbering done? By the length of the note or the pitch of the note? If it is done by the lengh of the note you can beg !link(Robert Allgeyer=mailto:ra849@icogitate.com)to make you a font for what you want. If it is done by pitch, you are out of luck unless you put a text expression over every note. HTH -FranMan

Reply #2
I agree with everyone who said befor me that this forum should have an edit button. Of course if it did, we would never make another mistake, anyway I MEAN'T to make a link for Robert, but I missed a space here is the link------> !link(Robert Allgeyer=mailto:ra849@icogitate.com)

Reply #3
OK, what did I do wrong this time? !link(Robert Allgeyer=mailto:ra849@icogitate.com)

Reply #4
We do not allow e-mail links in this fashion. News, ftp, and web links are fine.

Reply #5
Ah, but I read the forum.

Please don't beg me for a font! I am not a professional font designer. My two music fonts (Musisync, Musitone) were created with great labor. The other special-purpose fonts were patched together from public-domain resources that I had.

If I see some peculiar need that just has to be ansered with a font, I'll think about it. -- but not very hard!

Reply #6
Robert, I'm sorry, I know you are not a professional, but you DID make Banger for us....

Reply #7
Indeed. I was in a good mood that day. Normally, not.