Skip to main content
Topic: Roll Markings, X notes, Glissandos, Trills. (Read 7084 times) previous topic - next topic

Roll Markings, X notes, Glissandos, Trills.

Does anyonw know how to insert roll markings (for a cymbal, marimba, drum, etc.), "x" notes for non-melodic instruments (triangles, cymbals, temple blocks), glissando notes, and/or trills? I'm trying to publish an individual part from a percussion score and I don't know how to insert those marks with NoteWorthy.

Re: Roll Markings, X notes, Glissandos, Trills.

Reply #1
If all the heads can be drum heads, then go to http://www.icogitate.com/~ergosum/misc/banger.zip . This will download banger by Robert Allgeyer. Then create your music whithout X heads. If you have installed you font on your system, you are ready to go. Go to start:run and type in edit and the FULL path of your new creation. One everything is loaded, you can go under the search menu and choose replace. In the find box type in NWCV15 and in the other box type Banger. Close and save, and your piece will now open with drum heads. Glisandos and trills are (I think) in the font Boxmarks you can use this link --> NWC Scriptorium Good luck. As far as I know we don't have any roll marks yet....

Re: Roll Markings, X notes, Glissandos, Trills.

Reply #2
If by roll marks you mean this symbol:

/
/
/

(sorta) under/over/on the stem of/ a note, there is a symbol like that in the boxmarks font.