Skip to main content
Topic: Track Structure of Exported Files (Read 5247 times) previous topic - next topic

Track Structure of Exported Files

Is it possible, while exporting, to specify which track in the MIDI file each staff will go to? For instance, when notating a piece which has three Bb Trumpet parts on separate staves, can I put those three staves in one track in the MIDI file? So far, the closest I have found to this is using a type 0 file, but that puts everything in one.

Thanks for your help.

Neeraj Mathur prsnhome@gncom.com

Re: Track Structure of Exported Files

Reply #1
As you point out, the options allow you to create either a type 0 MIDI file, or a type 1 MIDI file. In type 0 files, all performance data is exported to a single track. If you mute all staves except the three that you want to combine, then export, the three parts will appear in the single track of the type 0 file. The track will also contain any tempo and other controller changes found in all of the song, even the muted parts.

I hope this helps. ---- Eric (support@noteworthysoftware.com)

Re: Track Structure of Exported Files

Reply #2
Neeraj said: <<Is it possible, while exporting, to specify which track in the MIDI file each staff will go to? For instance, when notating a piece which has three Bb Trumpet parts on separate staves, can I put those three staves in one track in the MIDI file?>>

Yes. In NWC 1.31, just go to Staff Properties (either on right-mouse-button menu or Staff|Properties, or power-users can press F2!) and on the Midi Tab alter the channel number so that they are all the same.

Regards,

Andrew