Skip to main content
Topic: Noteworthy versus Passport Designs (Read 5213 times) previous topic - next topic

Noteworthy versus Passport Designs

I use Passport Designs notation but recently using Noteworthy demo and really impressed. Does anyone have any comments on advantages of Noteworthy. I am almost sold on it and would like opinions before I commit. Please delete previous dupes. This has correct email address. Sorry. Thanks from Brian.

Re: Noteworthy versus Passport Designs

Reply #1
In general, it is a good idea to try software for yourself and draw your own conclusions. We have an evaluation version of NoteWorthy Composer available on this site. In the end, a good software solution depends largely on what you are trying to do. Give the evaluation a try, and see if it does what you want.

I hope this helps. ---- Eric (support@noteworthysoftware.com)

Reply #2
I have been experimenting with cakewalk for the last couple of month and it is difficult to create songs note by note. Cakewalk , as most other midi programs. has advantages on the midi part but not on staff notation. Last week I downloaded the demo version of noteworthy 1.30d and I am impressed. NoteWorthy is so easy to use and gives me all the flexibility to create songs, in the correct notation. ( like triplets ..etc.) like you I am nearly convinced to buy Noteworthy.

Reply #3
Yes, Noteworthy is impressive. I use it and I also use Music@Passport. (Cant afford Encore of same company). Cant beat Noteworthy for price. The main advantage of Passport products is the page layout. You can set up each page with number of staves and how many measures per stave so that it looks like the score you are copying in. However, when it comes to bells and whistles you have to have Encore to come anywhere close to the facilities offered by Noteworthy.