Skip to main content
Topic: Suggestion of improvement (Read 6376 times) previous topic - next topic

Suggestion of improvement

Suggestion:

Why not let the Status bar in NWC show not only which part, and it´s name, I´m editing but also which bar I curently have the cursor placed in? This would make editing of orchestral scores so much easier...

Greetings JH

Re: Suggestion of improvement

Reply #1
The name of the staff you are working on will show in the status bar. 1. Select staff. 2. Click on staff in top row(below blue line). 3. Go to staff properties/general. 4. Put name you want in Name box. Follow same procedure for all staffs which you want to name.

Go to Page Setup. Select measure numbers and measure start.

You should now be able to see the staff name in the status box and the measure number on your screen. Remove the measure numbers if you wish after you are through editing.

Reply #2
yes, but you can't see the bar numbers if your four or five staves down from the top!

Personally, I'd like to see bar number and position within the bar (like beat number + some fraction, or something that would make sense) as well. I must post it to the wish list...

Andrew

Reply #3
Look in the help files under GOTO COMMAND. It will explain how to use the command to see which measure you are in if you can't see the measure numbers that you put in your score.

Put the cursor in the measure, Press CONTROL+G and the window for the GOTO command will appear with the measure number of the cursor position. Used with the already showing staff name will help you to keep track of where you are during editing of multiple staff scores.

Eric: The measure number might be easy to add to the status line to the right of the staff name. Adding the beat number as suggested by Andrew Purdom might be a little more difficult. Both suggestions are good.

Reply #4
Please post suggestions via the NoteWorthy Composer wish list page.

Regarding your point, for now you can press Ctrl+G at any time to find out what bar is currently visible at the insertion point. The Goto command automatically shows the current bar when it opens.

I hope this helps. ---- Eric (support@noteworthysoftware.com)