Skip to main content
Topic: Announcement - New Command Summary (Read 12665 times) previous topic - next topic

Announcement - New Command Summary

I am very pleased to announce that the new Command Summary is now available at the NWC Scriptorium.

Originally by Barry Graham, it has been updated to match version 1.70 by Richard Woodroffe, both long-time Noteworthy users.

The original was in Publisher (.pub) format. Additional versions in PDF (Adobe) and PostScript formats are also provided and are suggested as the ones to download, as they have all the necessary font information included, as well as avoiding any problems created by different printer configurations.

Each version contains the following sections archived into the appropriate zip file:

NWCCSfacia - Cover page and contents (4 pages)
NWCCSs1 - Introduction (14 pages)
NWCCSs2 - Control and File Menus (18 pages)
NWCCSs3 - Edit and View Menus (14 pages)
NWCCSs4 - Staff and Insert Menus (28 pages)
NWCCSs5 - Notes and Tools Menus (22 pages)
NWCCSs6 - Window and Help Menus and Index (12 pages)
NWCCSs7 - Exercises (47 pages)
NWCCSs8 - How Do I? - Examples (4 pages)

Download it and read it. It is excellent.

A

Re: Announcement - New Command Summary

Reply #1
Download that command summary, folks. It is good.

Reply #2
It is now also available as one single PDF file (Zipped to 1.1Mb). Simply click to
NWCCS.

You will need WinZip (or similar) to unzip the file and Acrobat Reader v3 or 4 to read it.
Both products are more or less free at www.winzip.com and www.adobe.com

A

Reply #3
WinZip isn't free, but it is inexpensive, and a very good value.

Reply #4
Hats off to you guys that must've worked extremely hard on this. Excellent job.

Reply #5
The credit really goes to Richard Woodroffe, who not only did the lion's share of updating the previous version, but also added a great many refinements and other additions. Thanks again, Richard!

Reply #6
As was noted, WinZip is not really free. If any of you need an un-zipper that really is free, browse the net for something called "CAM unzip" on the usual freebie download sites. CAM will also make zips. It is somewhat less versatile than WinZip, but does the job at the right price.

Reply #7
Okay, okay. WinZip is NOT free, as I mistakenly stated above. However, it is fairly cheap and incredibly useful. There are other ZIP readers about, too.

A

Reply #8
It is most unusual for NWC to weigh in with an editorial commment. As purveyors of a product marketed in a similar manner as Winzip, I can't blame them.