Skip to main content
Topic: Womens and Mens Parts (Read 2724 times) previous topic - next topic

Womens and Mens Parts

I am new to Noteworthy. When I have rests on the treble clef, lyrics do not show up even though their are notes on the bass clef for the men's part. Also, Noteworthy seems to calculate rests incorrectly at times. When rests are placed in one part so that another part is singing alone, the alignment of the measures seems "out of whack". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Womens and Mens Parts

Reply #1
1: Lyrics - each staff is capable of being assigned its own lyric line(s). This gives tremendous flexibility in having different voices perform different lyrics at different times.

2: Noteworthy counts rests correctly, but you have to be aware of what happens when you "chord" notes and rests together. The "effective" duration of any chord will be that of its shortest member. So if, for instance, you chord a quarter note with an eighth rest, the calculated duration of the combination will be one eighth.

For more information, these topics are covered quite well in the supplied help system, as well as the user manual.

Reply #2
Stick with it, Ralph. NWC does a good job for chorus (I use it all the time for that) once you get the hang of it.

Reply #3
Both notes and rests have a property (select the note/rest and press Ctrl-E) called Lyric Syllable that let you decide whether or not a lyric should be attached to it.