Skip to main content
Topic: 1.7 text expression is awful! (Read 4751 times) previous topic - next topic

1.7 text expression is awful!

The new version of NWC puts text expressions right above or smooshed up next to the notes! There doesn't seem to be any way to put them *next* to notes with any space between them, even if you put hard spaces after the text expression (which I used to do.) If you want to copy or cut and paste the expressions or the notes, there is no way to isolate them! Am I missing something?

Re: 1.7 text expression is awful!

Reply #1
Between the Preserve width function and the alignment options, I've had no problem putting text anywhere I want it. You can move it up or down easily just like notes or anything else - by selecting it, then hold down both shift/ctrl and use the up/down arrow keys.

Reply #2
Also, make sure you're selecting the little 'diamond' associated with the text for cut/paste/edit operations. That may be what your missing - not sure what you mean exactly.

Reply #3
I really like the new text expression. The ability to right justify or center has come in very handy. This is one of the first of the new features I have really taken advantage of.

Reply #4
Angelique, try this:

With your text, in "Expression Placement", put it "Center" and "At Next Note/Bar", then where your text is, just add spacebars, and look at where your text is positionned, and just add or remove spacebar characters until it's where you want it!

You can also put it "Left" or "Right", but each spacebar is full when with those options, and counts for half when centered - gives you more precision on the positioning!

Now MAKE SURE IT IS "AT NEXT NOTE/BAR"!!! I use it myself, and I SWEAR to you it works! Hope it helps!