Skip to main content
Topic: Need help on sections(?) (Read 6084 times) previous topic - next topic

Need help on sections(?)

I need some help in using NoteWorthy Composer 1.31c (have just downloaded 1.31d, haven't installed yet). I have a song for which I need to create printed music for my church choir. The song has a refrain at the beginning, therefore only one line of lyrics. The collection of 6 verses follow the refrain. How can I divide the song such that I can have 1 lyric line in the first half (the refrain) and 6 in the second half (the verses)?

In similar fashion, I have another piece which starts out with only a treble staff (women singing solo), followed by treble and bass staves when the men join in. How can I get the song to be divided up in such a way?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Re: Need help on sections(?)

Reply #1
The only way to do your lyric setup is to set up 6 lyric lines. Use this for the refrain and the first verse. Use underscores separated by spaces to skip over the refrain section in the lower five lyric lines, then add the verses as needed.

--> How can I get the song to be divided up in such a way?

This is not currently supported by NWC. The other staff will have to use whole measure rests, but it will still be visible in all systems.

I hope this helps. ---- Eric (support@noteworthysoftware.com)

Re: Need help on sections(?)

Reply #2
For the first situation, and on the second and further verses, I will insert a sufficient number of "space underline space, etc" positions to match the number of notes on the refrain and insert those before each verse. Only need to do it once (for the second verse) and then simply "copy" and "paste" to the third and following verses.

Not sure if I understand the second question, but you may simply need to have two staffs, and simply have the one staff filled with rest notes until that voice comes in. Someone else may have a better idea. Maybe you could have two songs (one with the single part and one with both parts), not have any title information on the second "song" and have the page numbering pick up where the last one ended.

Hope that helps.