Skip to main content
Topic: 2 voice on 1 line ? (Read 6808 times) previous topic - next topic

2 voice on 1 line ?

I want to create a song with the same outfit like the Noteworthy-Demosong "Nowell". But is there anywhere an explination about how to make it possible ?? I tryed to do it, but I can only write one Note on one place (or a chord, but thats not the needed thing). How can I write the 2 voices on one Score-line ? Is there a special configuration needed ? Thanks for answering !

Re: 2 voice on 1 line ?

Reply #1
Use the Stem Direction tools, in conjunction with the Insert Chord Member command, to construct "split stem" chords. Please review the rules, as outlined in the Help file, for chord constructs of this type. For example, no two notes can be placed on the same staff line in a chord (members cannot overlap). Full details are in the help section. You can get there fast by highlighting the Chord Member command in the Insert menu, then pressing F1.

I hope this helps. ---- Eric (support@noteworthysoftware.com)

Re: 2 voice on 1 line ?

Reply #2
If you want to make notes of different lengths sound at the same time, it is exactly like making a chord, except that you change the length of the notes.

For example:

1) Enter a quarter note (crotchet) on D.

2) Change note length to eighth note (quaver) and put on F# using the control key and enter to "add" the note.

3) Now you have two notes, one a crotchet on D, the other a quaver on F#. If you add a note AFTER these two, it will play after the quaver.

NOW! If you tried this and had trouble, there are a few things to keep in mind.

1) NWC needs to take notice of stem directions (up/down) when adding notes of different lengths. Normally it will do this automatically for you without you having to worry.

2) NWC will only work with groups of notes of two different lengths (covering 99.99% of known music). That is you can't combine a crotchet, a quaver AND a breve. Also, if you have more than two notes, extra notes must be with their partners, ie. you couldn't have crotchet, quaver, crotchet.

3) If you want a rest, you must enter the rest FIRST. You may also need to flip the rest's "tail", so that it is "pointing" the right way.

Hope all this helps!

Andrew