Skip to main content
Topic: Big Band, Jazz and Pop (Read 4888 times) previous topic - next topic

Big Band, Jazz and Pop

The new forum looks so bare I thought it needed a new message. Are there any users out there that share my musical interests? If so drop me a line so we can share techniques, resources, scores.

Barry

Re: Big Band, Jazz and Pop

Reply #2
Yes, I use NWC for printing out hand written parts, that the brass & reed band i'm in use.

Our conductor writes out music, which can be hard at imes to read.

Reply #3
Just looked back and saw your message. I'm a big band musician. What do you want to talk about? I'm still trying to set up for keyboard entry. Appears the midi cable I bought was no good. Took me 2 weeks to conclude that. Meantime, I've entered a Kenton arrangement (a short one), and am trying to massage the parts to my satisfaction. Also experimenting with transposition.

Reply #4
I'm a big band musician and came to your page while checking out various Big band sites. I've currently put the big band piece I'm writing on the back burner to work on something for a smaller ensemble: two trumpets, two reeds, two trombones and a rhythm section.

Reply #5
Would be interested in whatever you produce.
I have done some arrangements for a similar line up.

Reply #6
We need information on big bands. Do you know Craig Schneider?!?
we just love him!!!!!

xoxox

Reply #7
the previous letter we wrote was terminated. WHERE IS IT!!!

:(
HAVE YOU TAKEN IT HOSTAGE???

Reply #8
I have recently discovered the Big Band sound and am now totally hooked. Can anyone give me more information abour the genre????

Reply #9
I'd like to know if it's possible to get some big band's music scores in the internet
my best wishes for both of you(sorry for my english mystakes)

Reply #10
This is a long shot, but I'm looking for a song called "Afternoon of the African," a jazz tune from the 20's or 30's.....any info would be appreciated!

Reply #11
I'm a vocalist from San Francisco performing with two of the hottest big bands in the area. The Contemporary Jazz Orchestra under the direction of Christopher Pitts; performing every Monday night at Jazz at Pearl's, (North Beach) in San Francisco. The band will be making it's first appearance at the Monterey Jazz Festival on Saturday, Sept 19, 1998 at 4:30pm at the Clubhouse. I'm looking for big band vocal charts (16-18 piece).

Reply #12
Looking for old Maynard Ferguson arrangements for an upcoming spring concert.

La Fiesta
Chameleon
Give it One
Birdland

etc.etc.

Willing to pay for copies, as these are out of print...know about Sierra music and the charts they have...want the older stuff...

Thanks! :)

Reply #13
I have midi files of La Fiesta (Herman- Big Band) and Birdland (Weather Report)that might be suitable for transcription.