Skip to main content
Topic: special notations (Read 2151 times) previous topic - next topic

special notations

Hello folks,

I've been dabbling a bit with Composer trying out some things, doing exercises, and looking at others people's composer works, and I have been delighted with what I have found so far. I haven't been trained musically but I have been interested in the study of music for a long time.

I was exploring the resources Composer has including the boxmarks font which somebody recently wrote about here in this forum. I imagine that the people credited with the font are users of the software and this is encouraging.

As an example, I used the font in Microsoft Word and typed out characters to see what they were. I found that they were all recognizable symbols. But I couldn't find how to add them to my music in Composer. They weren't under any of the menus or buttons. Do I have to buy this font? Will it work with the registered version?

Thank you for you efforts.

ray

Re: special notations

Reply #1
Ray, the boxmarks font includes instructions on how to use it in the ZIP file. This, and other fonts, can be used in NWC by:

1) installing them on your system
2) in NWC, select a font in the File | Page Setup | Fonts area, specifically User 1 though 6
3) use symbols from the font via the Insert | Text Expression

You can find other fonts at the user sponsored NWC Scriptorium.