Skip to main content
Topic: Image print drivers (Read 5652 times) previous topic - next topic

Image print drivers

Hello, Do you know of any print drivers I can install to Windows to allow me to print documents as images? Such as gif, tif, jpg, or eps? This would shortcut printing me works for the Web and imaging for other uses. If you had any suggestions I would like to hear them.
Kind Regards,
Adam Fowler.

Re: Image print drivers

Reply #1
Any of the Microsoft office suite will print those formats

Reply #3
Yeah I know about all that but I want a specific print driver that outputs as images. not postscript or prn or pdf. ta!

Reply #4
You already have an image print driver built into NWC. Go to Print preview, then copy to a placeable windows metafile. This can be placed into programs such as MS Word. But if what you want is direct a GIF or JPG, get the free "Irfan View" from http://www.irfanview.com and open the WMF into irfan View, then save it as GIF or JPG or whatever. You will need to re-scale to a smaller size, and maybe crop (can be done by irfan View).

If what you want is software that creates a "printer" directly to a GIF or BMP or JPG file, and that is accessible from any program that allows printing, there is software available for download and purchase on the Internet. I've tried some as demos, but they are not cheap and did not do anything for me that I couldn't do by other means. Use your browser to search for "print to bitmap" or "print to GIF" and see what you get.

Reply #5
If you are not using windows 2000 then you can use SuperPrint50 from Zenographics www.Zeno.com. About 50 bucks and you can create Tif printers, Gif printers, BMP Printers and JPG printers.