Skip to main content
Topic: Deleting several measures at a time (Read 2981 times) previous topic - next topic

Deleting several measures at a time

Is there a way to delete a section by measure number? For instance, is there a command that will delete measures 10 through 20 in staff 1? When making deletions it would be a lot easier to do it that way rather than by blocking the measures and then deleted them, especially if you are deleting these measures 10 through 20 from a number of different staffs.

Re: Deleting several measures at a time

Reply #1
I unfortunately don't know such a command but it's worth wishing about more effective usage of measure numbers and go to command or a useful find/replace command.

About your problem, there are some tips on using the conventional ways. For instance, you like to delete from m10 through m 20. Firstly, go to (Ctrl+g) m10. Then, select the preceeding measures with Ctrl+Shift+Right Arrow up to the 20th and delete.

The Ctrl key has such useful functions as in selecting or going to measures or moving an octave higher/lower (Ctrl+Up/Down Arrow). One of the best "traditional" functions of NWC, which I most appreciate, is that you can select -almost- anything (except for signatures, clefs or rests) and move up/downwards by Ctrl+Shift+Up/Down Arrow.

Reply #2
Excuse my fault;

> ...preceeding measures

Should be "succeeding measures"

Reply #3
Don't forget that you *can* move rests vertically by selecting them individually.

When combinations of notes and rests are selected then shift+ctrl+up/down arrow only moves the notes - which is what is usually required.

Reply #4
Thanks for the information and the tips. I'll try them out and see what happens.

--Walter Rimler