Skip to main content
Topic: Parameters of layered staves (Read 3300 times) previous topic - next topic

Parameters of layered staves

With Layering we need commands that apply to:
1)all the staves eg. sizes of staff or characters (as they seems to be defined in page setup which is common it is OK).
2)group of layered staves eg. up and down vertical sizes. What is the result in case of discrepancy between the values of layered staves?
3)each staff for maximum flexibility in special cases eg. the SATB template with different lyrics for each staff.
Cases 1 and 2 may be implemented with special commands or by defining the value 0 as meaning "the same value as in the other staff(ves)" even if layering is off in the page setup.

Re: Parameters of layered staves

Reply #1
Sayng this here won't have any difference to Nw, go to wish list and write down all of this, so that they maybe will do some changes.

Reply #2
I think it is a good idea to submit ideas for improvement to this forum for feedback before posting to the wish list.

As for layering sizes, now it uses the values from the first staff in the layer; the next release is supposed to use the largest of the values in all the staves in the layer. This seems adequate to me.

Reply #3
In see https://forum.noteworthycomposer.com/?topic=1377.msg6985#msg6985 I have found :
"Bug: When layering, the size of all of the layered staves should be considered when vertically placing the staves into
the system. Currently, only the top staff in the layer is considered and the rest are ignored.
This may solve (without further development except inclusion of this function in help file) my problem of setting the parameters of 2 layered staves by etting one to the minimum (eg. in template) and playing with the sizes of the other.
With Layering defined in S and T staves, it may or may not be allowed in page setup.
Does the bug correction apply in both cases ?
Does this apply only to upper and lower vertical sizes or to other parameters ?
What about "staff size" defined in page setup|options? My understanding was that page setup (and its parameters) was common to all the staves.
I am not happy with the present situation (only the top staff) because I put the lyrics below A staff (up to 4 lines) or the B staff (5 lines or more) and I wish to put sizes in other staves to minimum values by default.
Please clarify all these questions.

Reply #4
>Status: Confirmed; Fix completed; Release target 1.70 SP1
I wonder when will this come out...

Reply #6
Does this means that I'll have answers to my questions only in the summer new help ?