Skip to main content
Topic: burning CDs (Read 7570 times) previous topic - next topic

burning CDs

I would sincerely appreciate if someone could explain to me how to adjust and set the volumes on MP3's before burning them on to a CD. I use WINAMP to convert MP3s to WAV. All the songs are recorded at different volume, thus i have to keep adjusting my volume on my cd player. You can e-mail me at am_sidhu@hotmail.com. Thanks alot.

Re: burning CDs

Reply #1
Best if you adjust the volume while recording the wav from the mp3 (using the Volume Control applet). Another way, assuming the volume is not too far off, is to use a wav editor's "amplify" option.

Reply #2
The MusicMatch Jutebox has a "normalization" setting which supposedly eliminates volume differences in recorings. It determines the "peak" volume during recording. I have not tried it yet, but may meet your needs. Could be that WinAmp has something similar.

MusicMatch can be found at !www.musicmatch.com

Reply #3
Should have double checked the hyperlink instructions first. The musicmatch player is located at !http:/www.musicmatch.com

Reply #5
I've done this several times.. using the WinAmp diskwriter plugin. The winamp volume doesn't affect the .wav file because this is a direct wav-mp3 conversion. What you have to do is import your quiet (or too loud) .wav files into an audio editing program like Creative WaveStudio (which comes with any soundblaster) or CoolEdit (you can download it and use a trial version for free indefinitely). Then in the programs use the amplification option to adjust the volume of the .wav files to a suitable level.

Reply #6
Shane, my dearest of ladies, would you show the divine grace and kindness to partake with us the site on which cooledit may be found?

Yours humbly,

StV

:)

Reply #9
Looks like ya beat me to the punch :-)
The main reason I mentioned this is that there is a lot of tools available on the web that don't require you to spend any money, especially if you're a student like me without a lot of cash to throw around. Winamp is absolutely free, and cooledit can be used indefinitely (with some features disabled but still useable). Of course, after a while, you might end up registering it (like I did.. after 2 years)...

And by the way, Sterghios, I'm male last I checked, so I'll take that crack about me being a lady as a friendly joke :-P

Reply #10
were can i burn music cd's

Reply #11
In a furnace ? (not sure of english translation)

Reply #12
This way of burning a CD seems appropriate for Britney Spears's or Céline Dion's opuses. :)

(not sure of english translation)

Qu'est-ce que tu voulais traduire ?

Yves

Reply #13
Many of you weren't yet born but... Back in the late 1970s, as the disco era was aging past its prime, there were "disco demolition" stunts involving destruction of (vinyl) disco music. I recall that one such stunt (in Chicago?) was featured as the opening to a baseball game. Unfortunately, the explosive charge blew a hole in the turf, requiring field repair.

If you happen to be in your late teens, ask your parents if expressions such as "groove on down to funky town" and "shake your booty" mean anything to them.

Reply #14
Yves, I wanted to translate the french word « four » or « fourneau ». However, I now think that the translation was OK, since I agree that it would be appropriate for Céline Dion's CDs.

I can't speak about Britney Spear because I don't know anything from her -- but if it's similar to Céline Dion, then it is certainly a luck that I don't know her.

Reply #15
Olivier, Céline Dion and Britney Spears are not similar at all (I'm talking about music), but I think you would do the same anyway. However, there are good songs of C.D., such as "Vole" in the "D'eux" album. The best one (and only one worth, at least in french. Early works are good too), probably because JJG wrote almost all of it...
If you have a nephew or niece around 8-14 years old, ask them about Britney.

Burning CDs is not good. It makes pollution. Engraving them is better (but may be illegal, depending on what you use).

And to reply to question 10: in a CD-burner... With an adequate software (usually provided with the hardware)

Reply #16
I got one serious question, i can't burn audio files that are .rm, so need some help as to how to burn them or change their format in one way or another.?