Skip to main content
Topic: Extracting parts from C score to print parts (Read 3166 times) previous topic - next topic

Extracting parts from C score to print parts

AS a new user, I've used 4 staff bracket to create condensed, non-transposed score of instumental work. Typically, I have multiple voices (i.e., 3 clarinet parts, etc.) on a single staff. Now I want to extract each voice individually to transpose and print as 1st clar, 2nd clar, etc. I need help of experienced users/composers. Do I open a second window, copy single staff to it then transpose or is there a better way. I'll check forum and gratefully accept advice via e-mail. thanks

Re: Extracting parts from C score to print parts

Reply #1
I am not clear about whether each clarinet part is on it's own stave. If this is true the just go to file,page setup and put a cross next to only the part that you want to print. You can look to see how this will appear in file, print preview (there are also icons for these functions). You can agjust the font size and margins in page setup until the preview looks good. Tools, transpose will let you take the stave up the 2 semitones you need. Also do a tools, audit note stems after the transpose.
You don't need to save this changed file if you want to keep it the way it was.
Good luck - Barry

Reply #2
If you have multiple voices on one staff, there is no way to separate them except copy the staff and delete the voices you don't want. Next time put each voice on its own staff and combine using the staff layering facility. Then separating is easy.

Reply #3
On the NWC Scriptorium there is a utility called "Splitter" which can separate multiple voices on one staff. Go to the "Useful Files from NWC users" section.

Reply #4
hiya!! I'm wondering if noteworthy has looked at adding these utilities into the software or will I have to use half a dozen apps ust to get a decent print out of Noteworthy? considering that the external utilities are for functions that I'd expect in a notation program

Reply #5
Depends on your philosophy, I guess. Personally I prefer separate apps for separate functions, rather than trying to do everything in one bloated package that has more buttons and menus and stuff than I know what to do with... MS Office comes to mind, though there's others also (Corel Suite 8, etc.) Give me a decent core program and a few helper apps anyday.