Skip to main content
Topic: Easy MIDI keyboard record (Read 3433 times) previous topic - next topic

Easy MIDI keyboard record

I've checked the FAQ, User Tips, Forum and Newsgroup and cannot seem to find anything on this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The MIDI keyboard record feature is what brought me to buy Noteworthy. To be able to play on the keyboard and then view the output and have the output 90% or better consistant with what you played is the problem. The sensitivity of the score seems to be greater than I would like. The user would like to type on the piano keyboard and the quarter notes be quarter notes most of the time. Hey, They are not a perfect pianist but have been recorded and published on a small scale for classical and gospel music.

Any ideas?

Thanks much,

Re: Easy MIDI keyboard record

Reply #1
In Tools/Options, go to the "Import" tab and set options there. Try various settings of Note/Rest resolutions to find what is best for you.
Those settings are also used for record.
HTH,

Dominique

Reply #2
Another thing that may help would be to set up a metronome track (a single bar of woodblock with a local repeat of 200 would do it! Put an accent on the first beat to help you find it.).

Then when you record, NWC will play the metronome to help you keep in sync with the start of a bar.

A

Reply #3
I too (that's tee double-oh), lack keyboard skills when recording.

I have found that setting the tempo low, adding a click track and selecting the record to buffer option work well for me.

If you record to the buffer you can import your recording to a track several times using variations of the note and rest resolution until you are happy that the combination offers the best result.

When importing to a track all the import dialogue boxes are presented so that you can select the clef split point, note range and note resolutions,etc.

But do not be surprised if your recording looks like a collection of cut toe nails! - mine always do.

Reply #4
Thanks much for your help. My mother who is using the system is not not very computer literate buts is an accomplished performing pianist and wants just to

1) Hit record on the computer
2) Play her song on the MIDI keyboard
3) Hit stop pm the computer
4) Print out the lyrics

Your suggestions should help in the setup to help her do this to the extent that Noteworthy is able. Thanks again.