Skip to main content ↑ ↓
Topic: Problems with Arpeggio.ms in Noteworthy Composer 2.75 (Read 81 times) previous topic - next topic

Problems with Arpeggio.ms in Noteworthy Composer 2.75

Hi, I'm new to this forum but have used Noteworthy Composer for 12 years.

Some time ago the Arpeggio.ms stopped working in my Noteworthy Composer 2.75 with the error that it had been suspended. My Operating System is Microsoft XP, on a stand alone PC (no direct internet access).

Recently I have needed the Arpeggio plugin so tried installing it from this forum. It did not fix the issue, and I have tried reinstalling my Noteworthy Composer 2.75 from my original file. I now get an additional error message:

Arpeggio.ms.nwcuser.lua:188: attempt to call field 'lineBy' (a nil value).

Using Noteworthy Viewer on a different, internet enabled computer running Windows 11 the Arpeggios perform correctly.

Can anyone please advice how I can get it working again?

Below is an example of an Arpeggio. In the viewer it displays the arpeggio line and plays the notes. But In Noteworthy Composer 2.75 the line is absent, only the tiny teardrop is present, and the notes will not play.

I would appreciate help on this,
Thanks Simon

!NoteWorthyComposerClip(2.75,Single)
|Clef|Type:Treble
|Key|Signature:F#|Tonic:G
|Tempo|Base:Quarter Dotted|Tempo:60|Pos:10.5
|TimeSig|Signature:6/8
|Dynamic|Style:mp|Pos:-10|Justify:Center
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-2,2|Opts:Stem=Up
|Chord|Dur:8th|Pos:-2,2|Opts:Stem=Up,Beam=First
|Chord|Dur:8th|Pos:-2,3|Opts:Stem=Up,Beam=End
|TempoVariance|Style:Fermata|Pause:4|Pos:11|Justify:Center
|User|Arpeggio.ms|Pos:-1
|Chord|Dur:8th|Pos:-1,#1,3,5,b7,#8,10,12|Opts:Muted
|Rest|Dur:8th
|Bar
|Rest|Dur:Whole
|Bar
|Chord|Dur:8th|Pos:-2,2|Opts:Stem=Up,StemLength=5,Beam=First
|Note|Dur:8th|Pos:-2|Opts:Stem=Up,StemLength=5,Beam
|Chord|Dur:8th|Pos:-2,1|Opts:Stem=Up,StemLength=5,Beam=End
|Chord|Dur:8th|Pos:-2,0|Opts:Stem=Up,Beam=First
|Note|Dur:8th|Pos:1|Opts:Stem=Up,Beam
|Chord|Dur:8th|Pos:-3,-1|Opts:Stem=Up,Beam=End
|Bar
|Note|Dur:4th,Dotted|Pos:-2
|Dynamic|Style:f|Pos:-10|Justify:Center
|Chord|Dur:4th|Pos:-2,0,2,5
!NoteWorthyComposerClip-End



Re: Problems with Arpeggio.ms in Noteworthy Composer 2.75

Reply #1 –
The short answer to this query is that the current version of the Arpeggio.ms plugin requires NWC 2.75a or later: it will not run on NWC 2.75. The nwcdraw.lineBy() method was released as part of the 2.75a upgrade, and is used by Arpeggio.ms version 2.0 and later. An older version of Arpeggio.ms was released with NWC 2.75, and you will need to use that plugin version if you need to run the older version of NWC on your computer. I would highly recommend updating your NWC to the latest version (2.75a).

 

Re: Problems with Arpeggio.ms in Noteworthy Composer 2.75

Reply #2 –
Hi Mike,
Thank you so much for the explanation why I'm having problems.

I would very much like to update to NWC 2.75a but cannot see how to download the update. I am unable to do it "in program" as my NWC 2.75 is on a stand alone PC, and I can't see the option on the NWC website to download the .exe file for transfer to my setup.
Sorry to be a pain, can you point me in the right direction?
Thanks again
Simon