Skip to main content
Topic: Another Sound (Read 2415 times) previous topic - next topic

Another Sound

Hello, when I played my Nwc file, there is another sound, like band sound. I do not know what it is . Any body can help me how to get rid of it?. Is there an autoupdate to my Noteworthy ver.2.75?

Thank you

Frank

Re: Another Sound

Reply #1
Hi Frank,
this will most likely be something to do with either your NWC file or your synthesizer configuration.  I'm guessing it's the NWC file.

One thing you can try is to press and hold <F6>.  This will result in a Popup dialogue asking if you want to do a full MIDI reset - Click Yes and retry.

Another thing you can try is to press <r> for Score Review.  When the popup appears check how many staves you have, which channels they are using and the patch number.  (The patch number refers to the instrument being used.  E.G. 58 is Trombone, 41 is violin etc..  Perhaps look for 55 (Orchestra hit, or 48 to 51 which are String Ensembles, or perhaps 61 which is a brass section.  There are other possibilities too.)

If this doesn't help please post the NWC file so we can investigate it.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Thank you Lawrie, I have tried F6, but the sound still persists. you can see on my file which has not finished yet making in in 3 languages and with the number note to study/practice.

I appreciate your help.

Frank

Reply #3
Hi Frank,
If you press <r> for score review and look at the MIDI channel for ID 7 (Staff-5)* you will note it is on channel 10 - this is the percussion channel.  As it is obvious you want a voice rather than percussion you need to change the channel on this staff to something else.

Go to the staff and press <Alt+Enter> to access the properties, select the MIDI tab and change the channel to something other than 10, then set the required instrument on the instrument tab.  It's usually best to select an unused channel (score review <r> will show you what's in use)

* You have labelled this staff "Suara 4"

Reply #4
Hi Lawrie,

The Bass staff is the one who has unusual sound, it is not according to the instrument that I chose. I appreciate any helps from other friends.

Thank you all

Frank

Reply #5
Hi Frank,
I didn't pay attention to any other staff when I heard and spotted the percussion from "Suara 4".  What I said earlier still holds, unless you actually want the percussion sounds...

It didn't help that you have the top 2 staves muted and it seem the 2nd (bass) staff is the one you're unhappy with. 
If you check the MIDI properties of this staff it is set to patch/instrument 91 which is a "Pad", actually "Pad 4 Choir".  Perhaps you might change it to patch/instrument 0 (acoustic grand piano) the same as staff 1.