Skip to main content
Topic: lyrics at Tenor Staff and Bass not shown (Read 2343 times) previous topic - next topic

lyrics at Tenor Staff and Bass not shown

Hello. sorry I come back again. I tried to paste lyrics from Alto staff, but it won't show up. Anyone know why?
(See below)

Thanks for any  helps

Frank

Re: lyrics at Tenor Staff and Bass not shown

Reply #1
Hi Frank,
good to hear from you again.

The only thing I can think of is whether you enabled a lyric line in the lyrics dialogue:
<Ctrl+L> | Line Count: (drop down) | set it to 1 lyric line
However I'm sure you wouldn't get this wrong considering how much you've done in NWC.

Another possibility is the Offset parameter in Staff Placement, make sure it hasn't gone to some stupidly high number. It would normally be 0.

All the best,
Lawrie
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
The only thing I can think of is whether you enabled a lyric line in the lyrics dialogue:
<Ctrl+L> | Line Count: (drop down) | set it to 1 lyric line
If the line count is 0 you can not enter any lyric.

Reply #3
I know, but the check is still worthwhile.  We don't know where/when things went wrong.

Reply #4
I know, but the check is still worthwhile.  We don't know where/when things went wrong.
I remember I once lowered the Line Count when we had to sing only 4 out of 6 verses of a song at a concert. By doing this the lyrics of the 3 last verses were permanently deleted!
Always look on the bright side of life!

Reply #5
Another possibility is the Offset parameter in Staff Placement, make sure it hasn't gone to some stupidly high number. It would normally be 0.
Hi Lawrie, thank you and all of you for willingness to help me. Where can I see the sfaff placement?.

Frank

Reply #6
The original of the song is attached, and my project is to make it in English, Indonesian and Batak Language. Do you  know how to make it like in the refrain?. Is that something to do with Offset.

In splitting the orinal staves, I split it after I made copy. When I pasted it maybe all the properties are also copied including the offset?. Please help me how to make like the songbook in picture here.
Code: (nwc) [Select · Download]
[code=nwc]
[/code]
Anyway how can I attach the .nwc file here

Frank

Reply #7
Hi Frank,
you attach an NWC file the same way as any other, drag and drop. 
You just need to make sure you click the "Reply" button at the bottom right, just under this message, instead of using the "quick reply" dialogue.

Reply #8
Hi Lawrie,

This is the song in English, but I want to have it in Indonesian and Batak ( a dialect in Sumatra where I am from but now  we live in CA)

When I split the 2nd staff into Tenor and Bass, how can I make it to normal property for the lyrics

Thank you
Frank

Reply #9
Hi Lawrie,

As you can see in the attached picture, when I tested to fill in the lyrids, I do not know why it strarts in the Refrain instead of the beginning of the staff.

Thank you for giving me the way out.

Frank

Reply #10
Hi Frank,
the problem is that the notes on the Tenor/Bass staff have mostly been set to |Lyrics|Never

In order to allow lyrics to appear on these note this should be changed to |Lyrics|Default or |Lyrics|Always

I suggest using Default unless you need a syllable to appear on a note that is the destination of a tie or slur.

I would select the whole staff ( <Home>, <Shift+End>, <Alt+Enter>), and change the Lyric Syllable parameter to Default

As for lyrics in multiple languages I'm not sure.  In the past this was not possible, but with Unicode font support and ANSI encoding now in place this may have changed.  I really don't know and other users that need/use non-English or multilingual availability should be able to help.

Reply #11
Thanks Lawrie for your quick response. I just tried it, but I could not see where Lyrics syllable.

Frank

Reply #12
Thank you Lawrie, I got it, in fact it is under Note.

Again Thank you so much.

Frank