Skip to main content
Topic: Small Falsetti notes (Read 386 times) previous topic - next topic

Small Falsetti notes

Good morning to you,
in the attachment I have highlighted the smallest notes ("Falsetti") that I would like to insert either in the same staff (Tenors I) or in another, higher one. Tried with Cueheads... too much English for my language skills, even with Google Transductor.
Any help is welcome.
Thank you.
Lorenzo

Re: Small Falsetti notes

Reply #1
Cueheads is definitely the answer.
The sample below is on a single staff, but if you want to have individual control of the stem lengths, then you should layer it instead.

Code: (nwc) [Select · Download]
!NoteWorthyComposer(2.751)
|Editor|ActiveStaff:1|CaretIndex:11|CaretPos:-5
|SongInfo|Title:"Falsetti - cueheads example"|Author:""|Lyricist:""|Copyright1:""|Copyright2:""
|PgSetup|StaffSize:16|Zoom:4|TitlePage:Y|JustifyVertically:Y|PrintSystemSepMark:N|ExtendLastSystem:N|DurationPadding:Y|PageNumbers:0|StaffLabels:None|BarNumbers:None|StartingBar:1
|Font|Style:StaffItalic|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:10|Bold:Y|Italic:Y|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:StaffBold|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:Y|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:StaffLyric|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:7.2|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:PageTitleText|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:24|Bold:Y|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:PageText|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:12|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:PageSmallText|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:User1|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:User2|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:User3|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:User4|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:User5|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|Font|Style:User6|Typeface:"Times New Roman"|Size:8|Bold:N|Italic:N|CharSet:0
|PgMargins|Left:1.27|Top:1.27|Right:1.27|Bottom:1.27|Mirror:N
|AddStaff|Name:"Staff"|Group:"Standard"
|StaffProperties|EndingBar:Section Close|Visible:Y|BoundaryTop:12|BoundaryBottom:16|Lines:5|Color:Default
|StaffProperties|Muted:N|Volume:127|StereoPan:64|Device:0|Channel:1
|StaffInstrument|Trans:0|DynVel:10,30,45,60,75,92,108,127
|Lyrics|Placement:Bottom|Align:Standard Rules|Offset:0
|Lyric1|Text:"Al cjan-te_il gial, al cri-che_il di;\n"
|User|CueHeads.ms|Pos:0|Class:StaffSig
|Clef|Type:Treble
|Key|Signature:Bb,Eb,Ab,Db|Tonic:A
|TimeSig|Signature:3/4
|Dynamic|Style:p|Pos:-8|Wide:Y
|Marker|Pos:11.5
|Text|Text:"espress."|Font:StaffItalic|Scale:80|Pos:-9
|Chord|Dur:4th,Slur|Pos:1,3|Opts:Stem=Down,Slur=Upward,Lyric=Always|Dur2:4th|Pos2:6z
|Chord|Dur:4th,Slur|Pos:-1,1|Opts:Stem=Down,Slur=Upward,Lyric=Always|Dur2:4th|Pos2:4z
|Chord|Dur:4th,Slur|Pos:0,2|Opts:Stem=Down,Slur=Upward,Lyric=Always|Dur2:4th|Pos2:3z
|Bar
|Marker|Pos:10.5
|Chord|Dur:Half,Dotted|Pos:1,3|Opts:Stem=Down,Lyric=Always|Dur2:Half,Dotted|Pos2:6z
|Bar
|Marker|Pos:11.5
|Chord|Dur:4th,Slur|Pos:1,3|Opts:Stem=Down,Slur=Upward,Lyric=Always|Dur2:4th|Pos2:6z
|Chord|Dur:4th,Slur|Pos:-1,1|Opts:Stem=Down,Slur=Upward,Lyric=Always|Dur2:4th|Pos2:4z
|Chord|Dur:4th,Slur|Pos:0,2|Opts:Stem=Down,Slur=Upward,Lyric=Always|Dur2:4th|Pos2:3z
|Bar
|Marker|Pos:10.5
|Chord|Dur:Half,Dotted|Pos:1,3|Opts:Stem=Down,Lyric=Always|Dur2:Half,Dotted|Pos2:6z
|Bar
!NoteWorthyComposer-End
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Thank you.
After entering the topic, I continued to "tinker around" and I arrived at your result, but working on three staves, to also hear the falsetto melody on its own.
Always thanks.
For you I think we can say "good night"!
Lorenzo

Reply #3
Necessary correction and new request.
The previous file in the falsetto part was a semitone lower, my poor hearing did not notice the discrepancy in the sound  :-[ . I wonder how it is possible that I added a fifth higher staff (that of the falsettos, in fact) to the four already existing staves without affecting its properties, and this resulted in a semitone lower than the original four.
I'm still wondering how you can generate nwc code (the kind I often see posted in the forum) that "covers" multiple lines. even only partially. To give a concrete example, if I want to insert a code (or even a file) into the forum that shows the first seven measures of the first tenor and bass parts of a song with four parts, is it possible to do so?
Thank you, happy Sunday to you (hoping that worse troubles don't happen in the Middle East).
Lorenzo

Reply #4
<snip>
I'm still wondering how you can generate nwc code (the kind I often see posted in the forum) that "covers" multiple lines. even only partially. To give a concrete example, if I want to insert a code (or even a file) into the forum that shows the first seven measures of the first tenor and bass parts of a song with four parts, is it possible to do so?
<snip>
The code you see comes either from a copy and paste direct from NWC (copy from a selection, paste to a text editor/a forum post) OR from the contents of .nwctxt files.

If you want multiple parts in a single clip, there are several ways you could go about it, but what you want to end up with is an nwctxt file that contains the bits you want to share.  Open that file in notepad (or your text editor of choice), select all, copy, and paste into the forum using the NWC tags (press the NWC2 logo button).

One way to create the nwctxt file is to do a save as from your current work to a different name file so you don't mix 'em up, and select the nwctxt format in the save as dialogue.
Edit this new file and delete everything you don't want to share. Save the nwctxt file again, then open it in a text editor, select all, copy and paste into the forum.

OR, you could just create a new file, copy and paste the bits from the original file into the new one and save it as nwctxt, etc..
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #5
Thank you,
I have to study what you wrote carefully and proceed with tests and checks.
Good evening.
Lorenzo