Skip to main content
Topic: Ragtime, Dixieland, and Popular Music from 1890-1930 (Read 12636 times) previous topic - next topic

Ragtime, Dixieland, and Popular Music from 1890-1930

I have notated about 50 songs of the period 1890-1930 which cover ragtime, dixieland, and popular music of the period. If you are interested in obtaining some of my notated arrangement then send me an E-Mail request and I will E-Mail you a listing of songs available and how they were notated and how they may be used as a learning tool for instrument players.

Re: Ragtime, Dixieland, and Popular Music from 1890-1930

Reply #1
Sometime mid to late 1988, we expect to assist in forming a dixieland band. Kindly provide information re music from the era you advertise. We obviously have no budget as yet, so just seeking information at this time. Thanks!!

Reply #2
Can you please send me some notes or even some essays of the History of French Chamber music 1890 to 1930. As i am doing a music project on that era. Thank you I will apriciate you response as soon as possible.

My e mail address is astor@gibnynex.gi
If you don't mind this information ergues me, i mean its quite important for me. It is very urgent for me and for my project. Thank you D. Horrillo

Reply #3
Altavista popped this up at number 29. Have you also tried Yahoo!, which lets you search by subject. Also, some of the larger CD shops on the net have explanations/reviews of musical genres. You could also try the newsgroup rec.arts.music.classical. Have you been to a library?

Links I found:
LA VIE DE CHATEAU : LE XIXth AND LES ARTS DECORATIFS LE XIXth AND LES ARTS DECORATIFS. Nineteenth Century France the Historical Setting. The Decorative Arts in Nineteenth-Century France. The Evolution of...
http://www.cfce.fr/chateau/anglais/chp6_f.htm
Unfortunately, the link was dead, but the info may be out there somewhere.

Andrew

Reply #4
I need info on ragtime for a project

Reply #5
One of my adopted daughters asked for music from the 30's
or 40's about "Pink Elephants" because her grandmother used
to sing it to her when she was a little girl. She asked if
I could find it on the Net. I have some words to it.
"Yesterday a traveling salesman came to my house.
He was just as timid and nervous as a mouse.
He said "I'd been to a party, didn't break up till four.
When I woke up this morning what do you think I saw?
Pink Elephants on the ceiling,
Pink Elephants on the chair,
Pink Elephants in the doorway,
Pink Elephants everywhere."
There are other verses but she doesn't remember much.
We would like to get this in sheet music or just the verses
if possible. We would appreciate any help or suggestions
you might have. Thank You very much.

Reply #7
I am looking for sheet music to a song called "FIGITS" don't know who wrote it, I used to play it in school band about 25yrs ago

Reply #8
I'm looking for sheet music for "banjo pickers ball". My father is an avid player and he would like to find the music for his small combo to play.I have looked through many web sights and have had no luck. Thanks.

Reply #10
Hi I am looking for any music popular during the 1930's for a project for school. the project is based on the musical Wonderful Town. If you can offer me any help a to where tolook it would be appreciated!!! Thank You!!

Reply #12
I need to know what type of music the people in the 1890s played and lidtened to

Reply #13
Kadj, your question is too broad.  Which people and in which parts for the world?