Skip to main content
Topic: extra spaces (Read 874 times) previous topic - next topic

extra spaces

Hello
I do not know what should I change in my page setup, why on my soprano and alto staves, there are extra blank spaces between my lyrics and the number note. I want it to be like my bass staff the number note, is just above the lyrics. See attached.

Thank you

Frank

Re: extra spaces

Reply #1
Check the staff properties, one has too big a staff boundary (either upper or lower): see |staff properties|Visual (tab)
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Check the staff properties, one has too big a staff boundary (either upper or lower): see |staff properties|Visual (tab)
No Lawry, nothing to big in the view mode it is already ok, but when it comes to print review it looks like that.( see attached file)

Thank you

Frank

Reply #3
You have a bunch of huge lower boundary offsets in bar 5 and 9 on the 4 upper staves.  There are also some smaller upper boundary offsets in the lower 4 staves.

You need to readjust, or maybe delete, these offsets.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #4
boundary offsets in bar 5 and 9 on the 4 upper staves.  There are also some smaller upper boundary offsets in the lower 4 staves.

Thank you Lawrie, I will ck on them, maybe when I was sleepy while facing my laptop, my hand inadvertantly hit the keyboard, sorry my daily job for life is a housekeeper in CA , while to balance between physical job and brain job, I make my hobby, learning and doing this software, including Ms Access database and Video Software, this is my effort to slower my aging process.

Thank you for your help.

Frank

Reply #5
You need to readjust, or maybe delete, these offsets.
Having cked it, it was from the original song that i split and copy but the vertikal line also copied and becomes longer. Let me try to delete it.

Thank  you,
Frank

Reply #6
You need to readjust, or maybe delete, these offsets
I still can not delete those lines/offset Lawrie, I will continue tomorrow, coz now is time go to bed. if you could give me the clue, how to delete it , I tried to find the anchor, but still not successful.

Thnak you.
Frank

Reply #7
The anchor for a Boundary Change is a vertical line with an arrowhead on each end. The length of the line is dependent on the values set in its Properties, and it can extend into adjacent staves. But it must be selected in the staff that is assigned to. The first one is in the top staff, measure 5, just after the Text "1" and its note. If you select it and view its properties, you can see it has a lower boundary of 55. You can then delete it. If the cursor is at the beginning of the first staff, you can find them all, one at a time, using Find (Ctl-F), then click to the right of the "Find What" box on the "::".  Then click on "Boundary Change" in the drop-down. Click "Right then down" and "Find" and it should find the first instance. Pressing F3 will then find the next one on the same or next staff.

Reply #8
The anchor for a Boundary Change is a vertical line with an arrowhead on each end. The length of the line is dependent on the values set in its Properties, and it can extend into adjacent staves. But it must be selected in the staff that is assigned to. The first one is in the top staff, measure 5, just after the Text "1" and its note. If you select it and view its properties, you can see it has a lower boundary of 55. You can then delete it. If the cursor is at the beginning of the first staff, you can find them all, one at a time, using Find (Ctl-F), then click to the right of the "Find What" box on the "::".  Then click on "Boundary Change" in the drop-down. Click "Right then down" and "Find" and it should find the first instance. Pressing F3 will then find the next one on the same or next staff.

Using this procedure I deleted all these boundary changes and saved as a new file (starting with 'og.'), see attached
Always look on the bright side of life!

Reply #9
The anchor for a Boundary Change is a vertical line with an arrowhead on each end. T.............
Thank you fathafluff, you are so helpful to me, you  explained in detail, yes it is good for me in detail, because I am not young anymore, so my brain is not as good as when I was young.
Frank

Reply #10
Using this procedure I deleted all these boundary changes and saved as a new file (starting with 'og.'), see attached
Thank you and very very thank you Gus for giving the corrected one. Your user tool that you wrote is very helpful for our Indonesian church choir for practice. This is a very great help to the humankind. God bless you and your family.

Frank