Skip to main content
Topic: IS NWC dead? (Read 946 times) previous topic - next topic

IS NWC dead?

This must have been asked many times.  Apologies.
Nothing heard since 2017.  And even the forum is almost dead apart from scriptorium updates.  If the original authors don't want to continue developing it, might the source code be put in the public domain like Audacity etc?
I think even for the most recent price (compared with Sibelius etc.) there is much to recommend NWC.  And as freeware it could still be a killer.  The Linux folks are keen on that kind of thing... (I don't know what music s/w runs natively on Linux).
Sorry if this is a repeat - I couldn't find anything else similar on the forum.

Re: IS NWC dead?

Reply #1
You asked the same question 7 months ago, and got a detailed answer. There hasn't been any change in status since then. And I wouldn't say that the forum is nearly dead apart from Scriptorium updates. There are frequent questions and answers posted, and I just took part in an update to one of my user objects to correct a bug regarding a new feature that I added a short while ago.

I agree that it's a shame that there hasn't been an update in the past few years, but as others have observed, the program still works well, regardless of some of its shortcomings. I and many others continue to use it for our projects, and I'm certain that if there is a major bug discovered, the author will provide a fix for us.