Skip to main content
Topic: Text spanning multiple notes tool? (Read 1487 times) previous topic - next topic

Text spanning multiple notes tool?

I am reproducing some music with two items which I am reproducing with a little hassle.  One is an octave shift, shown by text over a span of notes which looks like an 8 followed by a span of raised dots, ending with a downward turn. Between the 8 and the colon I used a character I found near the bottom of the font, as in:
 8¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨:
The other is a long string of spaced hyphens, (following a cresc.) as:
cresc. -   -   -   -   -   -   -
I am using an ordinary text object, but adjusting the span of the center text is trial and error. I was thinking of a user tool, similar to "hairpin" which would allow the user to specify an optional opening text, a repeated center text, and an optional closing text. It could either have a "note span" property similar to hairpin, or, perhaps easier to use, an additional instance to end the repeating text. It probably needs the hairpin properties of "Start Offset X" and "End Offset X", as well as some of the Text properties (Font, etc.). It should operate over multiple lines. Is there any interest?

I have some programing experience (IBM Assembler, BASIC, COBOL) but am not familiar with Lua or the interface to NWC.

Re: Text spanning multiple notes tool?

Reply #1
Why not using the Ottavamatic and LineSpan plugins?

Reply #2
I guess I should look into them...

Reply #3
These look like they are perfect. I guess I need to reread about available plugins. Should I delete this thread?