Skip to main content
Topic: Icon appearance (Read 3255 times) previous topic - next topic

Icon appearance

Good morning friends,
In your opinion, is there any valid reason why after switching to Windows 11 the nwc file icons went from "black" to "blue" appearance?
Thank you.
Lorenzo

Re: Icon appearance

Reply #1
That's on old NWC icon, if you go to the properties of the shortcut, there is a button where you can "Change Icon..."
Looks like windoze has chosen the wrong one.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
I tried in the file properties, there is no possibility to change the icon. It would be possible to change the program icon, but that is already with the "black" appearance. Let's keep the blue for the files!
Thanks anyway.
Lorenzo

Reply #3
This kind of things has been made difficult in Windows 10, then Windows 11 made it even more difficult...

In the old times it was very easy to select which icon to use.
Now you must resort to external specific tools like Nirsoft's FileTypeMan.

Reply #4
Ciao Maurizio,
the transition from W10 to W11 created many problems for me and not just for NWC. What I mentioned in the forum is of minimal importance, we will get used to the "celestial" icons. I confess that if I had known I would have stayed with W10.

(During the various manipulations on the programs, I also reinstalled Musescore (v. 4) and attracted by the graphics I tried it. Very rich, almost too rich! After a few days I returned as a "prodigal son" to the good old NWC with the blue icons!!!)

Lorenzo