Skip to main content
Topic: how to make short measure (Read 2891 times) previous topic - next topic

how to make short measure

Hello,

I learnt from this forum that in order to show  up export nwd into midi playing in vaBAsco Kareoke, we should insert a rest and tempo 750. I did it last time with the expected result. Now when I tried to do the same on another song, the measure is too long. How can I make it to be short like the successful one (see attached).

Thank you for anyhelp.

Frank

Re: how to make short measure

Reply #1
You must insert that break on each staff. Your successful example shows the same whole break also on the second staff.

(Your successful example also has a tempo mark on the second staff. This should be avoided, i.e., tempo markings should only be on one staff, typically the topmost one. Otherwise, searching why some tempo is wrong becomes cumbersome. For example, in your successful example, if you replaced the topmost "750" with e.g. "250" - for whatever reason -, this will not change the tempo, because immediately afterwards, the 750 on the second staff will come up and override the 250).

H.M.

Re: how to make short measure

Reply #2
You must insert that break on each staff. Your successful example shows the same whole break also on the second staff.
Thank you very much Mueller, it works now as I expected.

Frank