Skip to main content
Topic: Mid Export (Read 1921 times) previous topic - next topic

Mid Export

When I save a .nwc file, the Date modified is correct. I then exported that piece to midi. The modified date for the .mid file was 4/14/2008 4:10 PM. I exported again. and the Date modified was 4/14/2008 4:30 PM. Can anyone explain this?

Re: Mid Export

Reply #1
Your time machine isn't accurate.  You jumped back 15 years twice, but missed by 20 minutes.

Sorry.  Terrible attempt at humour.

Could it be that your system has the wrong date? 

Reply #2
My computer clock shows the correct time, and the nwc file has the correct timestamp.

Reply #3
What operating system version are you running? Also, what version of NWC are you using? I tried your set of operations on a sample score under Windows 11 and it behaved as expected. Perhaps there is something "odd" in your score that is triggering this behavior. Would you be willing to share the score for testing purposes?

Reply #4
I was mistaken about the nwc file. I have a hard drive connected via a wi-fi router. I generally save to my computer, then copy to the wi-fi drive. But I exported the midi directly to that drive. When I saved the normal nwc file to that drive directly, it also had a bad timestamp. I'll have to see if the router has a clock in it which is not set correctly.