Re: flow question re: choruses, repeats, endings question
Reply #3 –
Thanks mate, made it much easier.
- The way you have it is, IMHO, the neatest presentation, but NWC will never chase the 3rd verse because of how its internal logic works.
- If getting the chase correct is important then I would do the following:
- Eliminate the DS, To Coda and Coda directives
- Eliminate the decorated barline (Section Open) at the start of the current coda
- Make the current coda Special Ending 3
- Move the lyric line for the Coda (now S.E.3) into the 3rd verse to keep the chase working. (You'll need to use "_"s in the lyrics dialogue to use up notes that you don't want the lyrics to appear under to get the location correct.
- Lose the gap as it no longer serves a purpose
- Move the S.E. 2 lyrics into the second verse so they'll chase properly. (More "_"s required)
- Use Boundary Offsets where needed to reduce the staff lower offset to raise the lyric line to your preferred vertical position (it won't show this in the editor, only in print preview - not sure if it will show in the viewer...)
If you want to keep the current appearance but still have it chase correctly, then setup the changes as invisible and replace the DS, To Coda and Coda directives as text entries instead. The gap can remain as it doesn't impact flow.
Regardless, the Section Open bar at the start of the Coda must go as it kills the flow when using repeats. I.E. It will never get to the 3rd S.E. I'm also pretty sure it isn't correct usage in a coda anyway.
N.B. ALL decorated barlines do this to the flow. I remember it being a point of contention WRT double barlines many years ago.
I hope this is at least somewhat helpful.