Skip to main content
Topic: Help...Copyrigth... (Read 2354 times) previous topic - next topic

Help...Copyrigth...

Hello NWC users:

The copyrigth it is reserved by the author of one musical
score. NWC to allow this.

Any NWC users can change the copyrigth...Is this truth ?

There is some way to detain that ?

thanks... chau...chau...

Re: Help...Copyrigth...

Reply #1
As far as I know (AFAIK), the copyright information is as well alterable as the rest of an NWC file, i.e.:
any registered user can change any NWC file
any non-reg'ed user cannot change anything definitively in any NWC reg'ed file, i.e. (s)he cannot save it: i.e. (s)he can make changes, print, and quit (losing changes).
But a non-reg'ed user can save (up to 10 times per file) changes in a non-reg'ed NWC file.

So there is no *secuirty* about copyright in NWC file. Not more, after all, than on any printed score if printed on normal paper (some expensive paper protect themselves against photocopy). Not more either than Audio-CDs since anyone that owns a CDRecorder can duplicate them, breaking the law.

Note finally that NWPlayer allow the final user to (dis)play your score (+information, copyright) without allowing to make changes. But no *read only* version of an NWC file exist --yet ?

Hope this clarifies,
Dominique

Reply #2
That's a great idea, sort of like the document protect thing in Word

Reply #3
I saw in one of the earlier replies about special paper containing a watermark. Anyone who has an Epson Stylus Color 740 (and I'm assuming any newer model (probably the Stylus Color Photo 700 and the Stylus Color 900) can do a watermark when you print. You can select from theirs or you can create your own using paintbrush (it has to be a Windows Bitmap (.bmp) in order to do it). Very handy if you want to keep from photocopying