Skip to main content
Topic: stems horizontally split (Read 1662 times) previous topic - next topic

stems horizontally split

Dry question. Is it possible to invert the stem of the note horizontally, so that it appears to the right of the head if it was previously to the left? Turn it 180 ° C? I would like to arrive at a representation like the one shown and circled in the annex but without using the agreement. The four voices - this is a key of F - are on separate staves.
Good day to you! Take care.
Lorenzo

Re: stems horizontally split

Reply #1
For the highest note (the D ?) on it's appropriate staff,  go into note properties for the note and then set the extra note spacing to 1 and override stem length to 0 .

Then although you will see a light stem in the editor, if you print out the music or use the viewer mode of viewer, then you will not see the stem and the chord will look correct.

Rich.

Reply #2
Just for fun: "agreement" in Italian is "accordo"... the same word as for "chord", hence the Google mistranslation.

May years ago, in the first try for automatic translation back and forth to Russian, the sentence "the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak" came back as "the wiskey is fine but the steak is soft."  :))

Reply #3
For the highest note (the D ?) on it's appropriate staff,  go into note properties for the note and then set the extra note spacing to 1 and override stem length to 0 .
Then although you will see a light stem in the editor, if you print out the music or use the viewer mode of viewer, then you will not see the stem and the chord will look correct.
Thanks, done! It's a nice expert trick which you are!
I wrote "key" but I wanted to write "clef" (bass). The affected note is a Fa.
Lorenzo

Reply #4
Just for fun: "agreement" in Italian is "accordo"... the same word as for "chord", hence the Google mistranslation.
May years ago, in the first try for automatic translation back and forth to Russian, the sentence "the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak" came back as "the wiskey is fine but the steak is soft."  :))
Maurizio, if you weren't there to brighten up the days! Sometimes I think that a nice forum in German would not find me so unprepared and without the obligation to resort to the Google translator.
Hello.
Lorenzo