Skip to main content
Topic: About nwctxt (Read 1670 times) previous topic - next topic

About nwctxt

How do you open an nwctxt file in the form that appears in the forum? That is in code form, see attachment. I am only able to open the file with notepad, which is another matter entirely.
Thank you.
Lorenzo

Re: About nwctxt

Reply #1
How do you open an nwctxt file in the form that appears in the forum? That is in code form, see attachment. I am only able to open the file with notepad, which is another matter entirely.
Thank you.
Lorenzo
Click "Select" which will highlight the text. Then click "Download" and your browser should prompt you to save the file with an extension of .nwctxt.  Then, double click the file you saved, and it should open in NWC.

If double clicking opens the file in Notepad, then run NWC separately and click the "Open" button and browse to the folder where you saved the .nwctxt file. Then select and open it.

Reply #2
.. or click "Select" and, in NWC, click "paste as new file" (or <shift><ctrl>V).
In case you haven't anything in the NWC editor, even a simple <ctrl>V can do the job.

Reply #3
I'm sorry, but I didn't understand much.
Which text should I select? If I save an nwc file in txt format, the classic nwc file icon appears. If I open it, I see it in the NWC program!
Excuse my pumpkin hardness ...
Thank you!
Lorenzo

Reply #4
I think you've actually answered your own question. I f you want to see it as an NWC file then open it as usual. If you want to see it as text (so that you can edit it say) then open it in Notepad.

Reply #5
Peter got it right.
I answered the wrong question...