Skip to main content
Topic: copy obect (Read 1250 times) previous topic - next topic

copy obect

Hello, I already inserted on the soprano staff the objects, how can I copy them to Alto staff in order to place it in the same column/position as in the soprano staff. Is there any easy way?

See attached file to know what I mean.

Thank you,

Frank

Re: copy obect

Reply #1
Hey Frank,
NWC generally* uses standard Windows (CUI**) controls.  E.G. You can highlight/select using <Shift+Arrow>, <Shift+PageUp/Down>, <Shift+Home/End>, <Click>+<Shift+Click (for a range)>, Click and Drag etc..  BUT NOT <Ctrl+Click> for non-contiguous selection.

For this I would simply select the object(s) to be copied, press <Ctrl+C>, move to the next staff, position the cursor in the correct horizontal location and paste <Ctrl+V>.

N.B. if you select multiple objects they will ALL be copied.  You can NOT perform non-contiguous selections.  So the D.S. and text entry can be copied in one selection as they are contiguous, BUT the Coda must be done as a separate selection as it is not contiguous with the D.S. and text entry.

* There are a few exceptions/omissions like non-contiguous selections.
** Common User Interface
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Re: copy obect

Reply #2
Hey Frank,
NWC generally* uses standard Windows (CUI**) controls.  E.G. You can highlight/select using <Shift+Arrow>, <Shift+PageUp/Down>, <Shift+Home/End>, <Click>+<Shift+Click (for a range)>, Click and Drag etc..  BUT NOT <Ctrl+Click> for non-contiguous selection.

For this I would simply select the object(s) to be copied, press <Ctrl+C>, move to the next staff, position the cursor in the correct horizontal location and paste <Ctrl+V>.

N.B. if you select multiple objects they will ALL be copied.  You can NOT perform non-contiguous selections.  So the D.S. and text entry can be copied in one selection as they are contiguous, BUT the Coda must be done as a separate selection as it is not contiguous with the D.S. and text entry.

* There are a few exceptions/omissions like non-contiguous selections.
** Common User Interface

Thank you  Lawrie. This is very helpful.

Frank