Skip to main content
Topic: copy paste (Read 1139 times) previous topic - next topic

copy paste

Hello, Is there anyone can help me how to copy paste the text and flow direction to the next staffs in order to get the same position?, instead of using insert command it will result in other position.

Thank you

Frank

Re: copy paste

Reply #1
Hi Frank,
Copy and paste works the same for everything, just highlight/select what you want to copy, move the insertion point to the destination and paste.

With NWC, if you <PageUp> or <PageDown> the insertion point (cursor) normally stays in the same relative horizontal position on successive staves.  This is not always exact, but is right about 99% of the time.  It will also seek to select the objects that take up the same space if you have an active selection.  This is right about 90% of the time.

If it helps, I usually place flow controls justified to the barline - in the use case in your example I would use Right Justified at Next Note/Bar placed immediately before the bar line and it will always align with the bar line.  Getting the "2nd time" text to align exactly how you want it may be something more of a challenge...  Certainly some trial and error is indicated.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.