Skip to main content
Topic: to edit chord member (Read 1163 times) previous topic - next topic

to edit chord member

Hi Lawrie,
As you suggest I just copy paste from Alsto staff to Tenor and Baritone staffs, but the problem now the cordmember like in the attached, how can I edit that to have no more cord member for tennor staff and bass. Instead of delete then make the new one, how can I edit it to delete the chord member that I made when I did for alsto staff.

Thank you

Frank

Re: to edit chord member

Reply #1
Under "Help --> Keyboard Reference", you find a list of all what you can do in NWC with the computer keyboard. Some in this long list, you find:

Ctrl+Backspace - Deletes the chord member just behind the insertion point [what is meant: to the left of the insertion point]

I find it useful to try all these 117* commands once in a trial score - not only for beginners, but also advanced users: There's always something I have forgotten, or some concept I haven't used for a long time.

* In version 2.75a.2, which I use.

H.M.

Reply #2
Hi Frank,
what H.M. said,
Easiest way:
<Ctrl+Enter> to add a chord member,
<Ctrl+Backspace> to remove.

There are also a bunch of other options available if you right-click the specific chord member you want to edit.  Personally I usually find it faster to delete the chord member, pre-set the attributes I want, and re-create the chord member.

Lawrie
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #3
I find it useful to try all these 117* commands once in a trial score - not only for beginners, but also advanced users: There's always something I have forgotten, or some concept I haven't used for a long time.
You're absolutely right, thanks for the advice.
Lorenzo