Skip to main content
Topic: unwanted addition (Read 1937 times) previous topic - next topic

unwanted addition

Hello, I entered the eighth Note, but it automatically added the sign less than "<" below the staff under the note. What was I doing wrong.

Thank you

Frank

Re: unwanted addition

Reply #1
It's likely you had a crescendo preselected. 
E.G. if you press (Shift+<) before you enter a note it will have the crescendo applied when you enter it.  This works for all kinds of tools.

Depending how you have NWC configured it may be set as a persistent tool.
Check in the menu item
|Notes|Persistent Tools...|
If you have Crescendo/Diminuendo checked then if you use one of these settings it will remain in effect until you turn it off again.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #2
Thank you Lawrie  your explanations helpme a lot.

Frank

Reply #3
It's likely you had a crescendo preselected. 

Yes there is a crescendo on measures 52, but my question now, how many measures it would go until back to normal.

Thank you

Frank

Reply #4
Yes there is a crescendo on measures 52, but my question now, how many measures it would go until back to normal.
Until you turn it back off again.

Did you check the Persistent Tools option I mentioned?

Reply #5

Did you check the Persistent Tools option I mentioned?

Thank you Lawrie, I know now. yes I did
Please bear with me, I do not know if this should be on the new topic, but maybe I just ask you about the attached. the time signature is 4/4, but why do they put 2 full notes. Does it mean one for sop and one for alto?, but if it layered should look like one full note. My 2nd question what object is no 18 in box. Sorry my English, coz in Indonesia we seldom speak English.
Anyway, are we at the same time zones?, I live in Highland, CA.

Thank you for your help,

Reply #6
Lawrie, I should have attached below

Reply #7
Hello Frank,

I will jump in here to explain the two whole notes you are seeing. You are correct that one note is for the soprano and one is for the alto. When two parts sing the same note and the duration is shorter, the stems are set to opposite directions so the singers can tell there are two layered notes. But since there are no stems on whole notes, they are shown offset.

To show this with layered staves, you would need to set the Extra Note Spacing of one of the whole notes to 1.3.

Reply #8
Thank you Lawrie, I know now. yes I did
Please bear with me, I do not know if this should be on the new topic, but maybe I just ask you about the attached. the time signature is 4/4, but why do they put 2 full notes. Does it mean one for sop and one for alto?, but if it layered should look like one full note. My 2nd question what object is no 18 in box. Sorry my English, coz in Indonesia we seldom speak English.
Anyway, are we at the same time zones?, I live in Highland, CA.

It's all good Frank, I'm happy to try and help.

I notice Mike has answered your question about the 2 semibreves (whole notes)

I live on the East Coast of Australia, a little North of Sydney.  Time zone is GMT+10 (or +11 for daylight savings)

Reply #9
It's all good Frank, I'm happy to try and help.

I notice Mike has answered your question about the 2 semibreves (whole notes)

Thank you Lawrie your great help.

Frank

I live on the East Coast of Australia, a little North of Sydney.  Time zone is GMT+10 (or +11 for daylight savings)

Reply #10
Hello Frank,

I will jump in here to explain the two whole notes you are seeing. You are correct that one note is for the soprano and one is for the alto. When two parts sing the same note and the duration is shorter, the stems are set to opposite directions so the singers can tell there are two layered notes. But since there are no stems on whole notes, they are shown offset.

To show this with layered staves, you would need to set the Extra Note Spacing of one of the whole notes to 1.3.

Thank you Mike, you explained it  clearly to me.

Frank