Skip to main content
Topic: Measures number (Read 1051 times) previous topic - next topic

Measures number

Hello, how can I change the measure number should start from the full note per measure. Let say a song " No One Cared so much is 3/4 time signature, and the first measure is only 1 note, the 2nd measure is 4 notes, in the song sheet measure no. 1 start in the 2nd measure. but in the Noteworthy no. 1 is above the 1st measure staff. How can we make it like the one in the song sheet.

Thank you

Frank

Re: Measures number

Reply #1
The easiest way to do this is to go into Page Setup, go to the Options tab, and change Measure Start to 0. That way, the first full measure will be measure 1.

Another way to do this would be to select the first barline, choose Properties, and check "Exclude from bar count". This will also set the first full measure to be measure 1. However, if you have multiple staves, you will need to do this on every stave.

Re: Measures number

Reply #2
For full flexibility (jumping measure numbers inside score, suffixes, numbers every 2, 4 or 5 measures, excluding numbers [as they collide with something], etc.), you can use the BarCounter.hmm plugin. By default, it should work like the standard NWC measure numbers (e.g. it knows about bar lines that are "eXcluded").

A somewhat absurd example is attached - I wrote it like that because on the piano, I then need only two pags; the singers use their full score running over six pages, with contiguous measure numbers.

H.M.