Skip to main content
Topic: Digital Whiteout (Read 1455 times) previous topic - next topic

Digital Whiteout

I've searched the forum for "Digital Whiteout" and I find many references to it, but I haven't figured out how to select "White" as a color. It seems like the color choices are fixed, and white is not one of them. How do I make text white?

Re: Digital Whiteout

Reply #1
No, they are not fixed. You can change them in Tools->Options->Color tab->Change button - see attachment. I use "Highlight 4" for White.

H.M.

Reply #2
I've searched the forum for "Digital Whiteout" and I find many references to it, but I haven't figured out how to select "White" as a color. It seems like the color choices are fixed, and white is not one of them. How do I make text white?
Hey mate,
Merry Christmas 'n stuff...

You're quite correct, none of the default colo(u)rs are white, BUT you can change the colour of any attribute you want.

For digital whiteout simply select one of the highlight colours and set it to white. 
Tools (menu) | Options... | Color (tab)
- click on the colour you want to change (it's been a while but I think I used to use Highlight 7)
- click the change button...  you know the rest ;)

<edit> Looks like HM posted while I was faffing about ;)
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.

Reply #3
Excuse my ignorance, but in what contexts might you want to have a digital whiteout?

Reply #4
Hi SEBC,
it's of less interest these days as things like being able to gap the staff have made it pretty obsolete.

The idea is to use a block, or blocks,  of white colour to cover over things you didn't want to see on a printout.  Simply create a text object using a character that gives the shape you want and set it to whatever highlight colour you've changed to white.

The "g" character from the Webdings font gives a nice rectangular block that works well.
I plays 'Bones, crumpets, coronets, floosgals, youfonymums 'n tubies.