Skip to main content
Topic: About the slurs in piano... (Read 5634 times) previous topic - next topic

About the slurs in piano...

I'm not talking about that arch lines under and over the notes. The slurs that make so that the person plays a certain # of keys in a row, not at once. It's wavy looking in a piano piece and comes right before.

Re: About the slurs in piano...

Reply #1
I don't see a question there. Are you talking about a glissando maybe???

Reply #2
Yes, now that we know what you are not talking about, perhaps a little more detail about what you want to know about would be helpful.

Reply #4
Sorry about that confusing post. Think trills ~~~ but put them vertically. Can NW do that?

Reply #7
I believe he is talking about ROLLED chords, as in Mozarts Hungarian Dance in A... ~~~~~ like that except vertical, right?
-Ev

Reply #8
Yes, I think the font link is alright for this.
For playback purpose, you may open the "moonlite.nwc" sample installed with NWC, then go and see the hidden staves (measure 157 for example).
Or even better, go and see Andrew's tip on this!!

HTH

Reply #9
I think he is talkin about the system marking.
like a big { in the begining of two bar lines, saying thay should be played by one pianist (left hand, right hand)

Reply #10
Don't think so. "BorgKing" says "so that the person plays a certain # of keys in a row, not at once." The "grand staff" brace doesn't have this effect, but the arpeggio mark - the vertical wavy line which the Boxmarks font maps to 'c' - does.

Reply #11
Wow guys, thanks. You guys sure know your stuff. The boxmarks sure do help. Thanks very much!

Reply #12
You're certainly welcome, and say hello to BorgQueen.